May 13, 1901 - Truck Company "F" was organized and placed in service at 1336 Whitney Ave. N.W. (now Park Road N.W.) with a 1901 LaFrance/Hayes 75' aerial ladder truck and a 1901 C.T. Holloway double tank 70 gallon combination chemical hose wagon.
July 6, 1906 - All truck companies began using numbers instead of letters. Truck A became Truck 1, Truck B became Truck 2, etc., etc.
June 18, 1927 - Rescue Squad No. 2 was organized and placed in service as a combination unit with Engine Company 11. When dispatched as a Rescue Squad, Engine 11's hose wagon was used as the Rescue Squad. Engine 11's pumper would then be staffed by extra men from nearby Truck Company 6 and then Engine 11 would be back in service running as a single piece engine company until the wagon returned. The hose wagon was a 1926 Seagrave hose wagon with added rescue equipment by DCFD repair shop.
1932 - reserve water tower 2 was placed in the quarters of Truck Co. 6.
1940 - A consultant's report recommended consolidating many companies for an economical improvement to the department.